Saturday, April 18, 2009

Je suis une ressortissante de l'Union européenne... n'est-ce pas?

The European Union has just passed this fabulous new law that lets all EU students under the age of 26 into cultural and historic places and monuments for FREE! There is just a little confusion on whether this means students currently enrolled in EU institutions (like moi) or university students of EU nationality... So I just muster up my best French accent, and say as little as possible at the ticket booths, and hope for the best. So far, I've been très successful - I've gotten to visit the Saint Denis Basilica, the Chateau de Vincennes, the Sainte Chapelle, and the Concierge for zero euros. Now I'm on a roll... This will be so perfect for the summer when I'll have no money and all the time in the world to sight-see in Paris :) 

Next on the list: Napoleon's tomb.

No comments: