Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Prophetic Park Bench

I am officially graduated, summa cum laude. My thesis advisor is going to help me get my translation published and another professor has already requested I give a copy to the Trettor Collection. I was offered a part in a local film. I have a phone interview for graduate school. My life is feeling a little more on track. I'm applying for jobs on a Careers website that has strange search categories, some really general like "Business," others weirdly specific like "Disaster Preparedness."

Yesterday during my quirkyalone date with Tara, we stumbled upon this wise old park bench at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.


"Affluent college-bound students / face the real prospect / of downward mobility / feelings of entitlement clash with / the awareness of imminent scarcity / there is resentment of growing up / at the end of an era of plenty / coupled with reassessment of / conventional measures of success."

That pretty much sums everything up.

No comments: